Enable multiple sessions in Windows 7 via Remote Desktop in Five Minutes or Less!
Have you ever tried to connect to another computer to find out that someone is logged in and Windows will not allow multiple sessions? Nothing is more frustrating especially when trying to make two Windows sessions from a remote location.
Overriding the single RDP session limit
- You will be able to use multiple RDP sessions under the same user account (e.g. Administrator)
- You will be able to use multiple RDP sessions under different user accounts (e.g Administrator, Dennis Ritchie, Bill Gates)
Why does Windows limit RDP sessions?
- The most likely reason is to collect more in licensing fees and prevent people from abusing the feature to avoid having to purchase client licenses for Windows 7.
Follow these instructions to activate multiple sessions on a Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 Server machine.
- Right click this link, and save target to your hard-drive: Multi-Session Enable for Windows 7
- Unzip to a new folder, then navigate to the newly created folder with Windows Explorer.
- Right Click file named: install.cmd (this program installs the dual session fix)
- Select Run As Administrator, you’ll see a black command prompt box.
- Wait a minute. It will finish with a “service is listening press any key” message.
Thanks to the Missing Remote website for this awesome utility. I have had no problems on my Windows 7 (64-bit) or Windows 2008 R2 Server (64-bit AMD) computer however as with any external program please use caution. I personally put my name behind this utility, I have been using this for several years and not had a single security incident or problem that I can remember. Let me know if you run into problems, or are still not able to make more than one connection to your computer.
If you have success (and you will) I’d love to hear back from you, leave a comment and say hello, you don’t need to register to leave a comment here. If you feel like it, click the Google +1 button on my site it helps me rank better in search engines and I’d really appreciate it.
LIMITED TIME OFFER
Your Very Own…
ready to use
for the introductory price…
- FREE – Free custom blog site **
Themed and styled similar to DisplacedGuy
Your domain name ($10 to get one)
No content or ads included
- $250 – The FREE Blog and options:
A niche category that is guaranteed to earn at least $1/daily in Adsense revenue ***
Initial Ad Placement (up to 10 different Adsense ads)
One hour of free support good for one year.
- $500 – The FREE Blog and the following options:
A niche category that is guaranteed to earn at least $2.50/daily in Adsense revenue ***
Initial Ad Placement (up to 20 different Adsense ads)
Five hours of free support good for one year.
** LIMITED TIME FREE OFFER fine print: The offer is contingent on you setting up a new hosting account with the web-hosting company that I use for DisplacedGuy.com (Hostmonster). I have been using Hostmonster for over three years and they are an outstanding web-hosting company. I am paid a referral fee for the new account setup which is used for development costs (at a very reduced rate). You must remain a paying customer of Hostmonster for at least 120 days. The free site requires that you acquire a domain name, or purchase one through Hostmonster (only $10). The free blog site will be set up like DisplacedGuy.com for general layout and will contain no content other than a home and about page. The free site will not be monetized or contain any advertisements. The free site will have a link to DisplacedGuy.com in the footer, and it must remain visible on every page of the site for the first year.