Summary of Actual Google Analytics for Nov 2010, Dec 2010, & Jan 2010
DisplacedGuy.Com Summary of Analytics Web Traffic
The last quarter showed an increase, however at a much more lower, and sustainable value. The holidays and website redesign probably contributed to the pullback in Nov & Dec of 2010. Feb of 2011 is looking to be a record month. If it weren’t for the major improvements in quality stats I might have been a little harder on myself for slowdown.
Actual Pageviews per quarter for displacedguy.com
- Feb 2010 through Apr 2010 had 1,074 page-views
- May 2010 through Jul 2010 had 1,889 page-views +75.88%
- Aug 2010 through Oct 2010 had 9,505 page-views +403.18%
- Nov 2010 through Jan 2011 had 10,114 page-views +6.41%
Actual Google Analytics Quality Measurements
Very significant improvements between the old site layout and the new website redesign.
Pages/Visit increased significantly
- Aug 2010 through Oct 2010 1.48 Pages/Visit
- Nov 2010 through Jan 2011 1.89 Pages/Visit +27.39%
Note: Jan 2011 saw 2.48 Pages/Visit a respectable number, and record high for the site
Bounce Rate Improved Significantly
- Aug 2010 through Oct 2010 74.88%
- Nov 2010 through Jan 2011 60.09% -19.76%
Note: Jan 2011 saw Bounce Rate decrease to an impressive 26.91% -60.48%
Time on Site Improved Significantly
- Aug 2010 through Oct 2010 1:31
- Nov 2010 through Jan 2011 2:16 +49.42%
High Bounce rates come when visitors enter and leave the site quickly (they bounce) so you want to shoot for low bounce rates and higher pages per visit.
Analytics Adsense – Making Money
I turned off Google Ads for a while in Jan out of frustration thinking that it isn’t worth cluttering the site, but then decided to turn them back on some time in Jan 2011 but my adsense stats are so sporadic it’s hard to make heads or tails from them.
I can say that Jan and Feb of 2011 look promising, and when I say that I mean that I might be looking at record highs but still under .50 cents per day which just about covers the hosting costs. I have been experimenting with channels, I’ll write more about channels later but they are worth using and tweaking small things about ads really does help a little. As site traffic increases I’m hoping adsense CTR improves and becomes less sporadic.
Now, if I needed to make a living with websites I don’t think adsense would be the best way but it would work for niche sites (preferrably non-technical) and playing the numbers game. You’d probably have to run a couple dozen well seasoned sites to get anything measureable.
- Aug 2010 through Oct 2010 $20.69
- Nov 2010 through Jan 2011 $11.79 (adsense was off for ~1 month) -43.02%
Adsense Revenue Per 1,000 Visits
- Aug 2010 through Oct 2010 $3.23
- Nov 2010 through Jan 2011 $2.20 -31.78%
Adsense Click Through Rates (CTR)
- Aug 2010 through Oct 2010 .42% (it’s really only .42% not 4%)
- Nov 2010 through Jan 2011 .31% -27.56%
Here are the details. I’ve been busy with some projects and apologize for getting these out so late and jamming them all into one post. I noticed some people searching for the missing months so I figured I better get these here.
Considering my last name is Bianco (Italian) it is nice to see Italy in the top ten, and having the lowest bounce rate and highest average time on site, tied with United States.